1. Land is natural resource and modern farming methods have over used the natural resource base.
2. Due to the use of modern farming methods the fertility of soil decreases.
3. The use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides are also responsible for the land degradation.
4. Due to over irrigation the ground water level is also decreasing.
5. There for it is necessary to take care of the environment to ensure sustainable development of agriculture.
1. Some portion of production is kept as a seed propose for the next year is the traditional seeds.
2. Traditional seeds give low yields.
3. It needs less irrigation.
4. These seeds are readily available with the farmer so they don’t have to buy them.
1. HYV seeds are High Yielding varieties.
2. These are prepared after a great research by the agricultural scientists.
3. The HYV seeds give high yield.
4. They need plenty of water and fertilizers.
1. Traditional seeds are used.
2. For irrigation depend upon monsoon.
3. Wooden tools and equipment are used.
4. Bullock carts are used to plough land.
5. The production is done for family use.
6. Manure and cow dung is used to increase the fertility of soil.
1. HYV seeds are used.
2. For irrigation depend upon tub well.
3. Advance and mechanical tools and equipment are used.
4. Tractors are used to plough land.
5. The production is done for commercial farming.
6. Fertilizers and chemicals are used to increase the fertility of soil.